CHOICE Humanitarian is a non-profit leadership organization that has worked in remote villages around the world to end extreme poverty since 1982. Our Leadership Model of Development has received international recognition and has a proven track record of success – building strong local leadership so communities can develop their own vision, goals, and plan to climb out of extreme poverty. Our model is holistic and integrates five core areas:
- Economic Development
- Culture Preservation
Projects are used as vehicles to organize communities and resources to create lasting change. During this 3 to 5-year process, a solid foundation is established to build a community’s path towards self-reliance. Headquartered in West Jordan, UT, CHOICE Humanitarian operates with an annual budget of $5 million dollars and a global staff of some of the top leaders in the International Development sector.
The Grant Writer plays a significant role in the success of CHOICE Humanitarian’s fundraising efforts through corporate and foundation grant writing, research, tracking, and stewardship efforts. The Grant Writer provides essential support to the Development Associate. This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate, supportive, and energetic team player to create lasting change on a global scale!
- Initiate and write corporate and foundation funding proposals in a timely, professional, and effective manner, and for government funders as requested.
- Research and identify prospective new corporate and foundation funding sources.
- Track all current and potential corporate and foundation funding sources, including but not limited to proposal due dates and application and reporting requirements.
- Meet all due dates for proposals and reports.
- Ensure that corporate and foundation donors are personally thanked and publicly acknowledged in a timely and professional manner.
- Have a sound knowledge and understanding of CHOICE Humanitarian’s mission, vision, strategic direction, priorities, and initiatives.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & ATTITUDES:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Two years of paid nonprofit grant writing experience preferred.
- Exceptional writing and research skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized self-starter.
- Commitment to being a high-performance team player.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
- Computer proficiency, including experience with Microsoft Office.
- A strong passion to make a difference and a belief in CHOICE’s mission to end extreme poverty.
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to travel in the countries where we work.
- Spanish speaker preferred.
Reports to: Development Associate
The Grant Writer position is Part-time, beginning with 10 hours / week with growth opportunities based on performance. Amazing travel opportunities all around the world with discounts for family and friends. Pay is competitively set at $17-$20 / hour DOE.
Hours: Part-time, 10 hours / week with growth opportunities based on performance
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, CV, and 3 references by February 8.
In addition, you must develop a short video (4-minute max) that responds to the following questions:
- What is your personal “why” in life?
- Do you believe that extreme poverty can end?
- Why do you want to be on the CHOICE team?
Please submit all application materials HERE.